Auto Insurance in Placerville and Georgetown, CA
ISU Insurance Services – Atwood Agency represents over 350 insurance companies allowing us to provide the most cost efficient auto insurance to our clients in California including Placerville, El Dorado Hills, Folsom and Sacramento.
Motor vehicles may play a critical role in your daily life. However, owning and operating cars, trucks and other automobiles includes inherent risks and exposures that could lead to significant financial ramifications. That’s why, as a responsible motorist, you should prioritize ensuring you understand and maintain appropriate auto insurance.
What Is Car Insurance?
Auto insurance and car insurance may be used interchangeably to describe these types of policies. Coverage can generally offer financial security for you and your vehicle by potentially providing financial assistance in response to various automobile-related incidents, such as accidents on the road and incidents that may occur while your car is parked.
How Does Car Insurance Work?
Car insurance policies are often customizable, and features, capabilities and limitations may be adjusted according to your needs and preferences. After you’ve established the details of your coverage and as long as you keep up with your premiums, you can submit a claim against your policy following covered incidents. If approved, your policy may pay out up to its coverage limits, minus any deductibles you must pay out of pocket.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance may include several coverages. Some of the most common and advisable features of a policy may include the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage—This coverage can provide financial aid if you are responsible for an accident that injures other motorists or pedestrians.
- Property damage liability coverage—This part of your policy may help pay for damage you inflict on other parties’ property, such as their vehicles or buildings.
- Collision coverage—If your vehicle is damaged in a collision, this feature of auto insurance can help pay for repairs.
- Comprehensive coverage—Your insurance may also help pay for damage sustained by your vehicle from noncollisions, such as fire, hail and criminal acts.
- Medical payments coverage—This coverage, also known as MedPay, can help pay for health care costs accrued by you or your passengers following an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage—This component of auto insurance can help pay for your losses if someone else was at fault for an incident but cannot cover them.
Why Do You Need Car Insurance?
Car insurance is legally required in many states, although exact laws may vary. For example, in California, motorists are required to carry minimum levels of bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. In some cases, you may also be required to acquire additional auto insurance coverage, such as for uninsured and underinsured motorists. Additionally, if you’ve financed your vehicle, your lender may require collision and comprehensive coverage.
Aside from complying with official requirements, auto insurance should also be a priority to ensure you can financially manage the aftermath of a vehicle-related incident. Without adequate coverage, you could face devastating out-of-pocket expenses.
Get the Right Coverage
If you’re a motorist in Placerville or Georgetown, California, the dedicated professionals at ISU-Atwood Agency are ready to help you acquire and maintain auto insurance full coverage. With a history of service dating back over 100 years and a network of many auto insurance companies with whom to work, we have the experience and resources needed to find you an optimal policy. Contact us today to learn more or get a personalized auto insurance quote.